It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:57 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 11 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: New To The Forum
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:11 pm 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hi everyone I'm new to the marine world and I'm looking for all the possible info I could get. I have been researching forums like crazy trying to figure out the best setups and ways to go about things and I finally decided to join a Forum and I picked the one from my hometown of Pittsburgh. Well I've been making a list and checking it way more than twice. Now I'm looking to create a nano reef I guess hobbyist would call it. What were looking at is a decent sized project mainly because its going to take me some time to finally get everything together and ordered. I was planning on just ordering the stuff slowly but surely.

All in all I plan on buying a 29 gallon Biocube.

Now like I've said I've been searching many different sites for info and have come up with a good idea of what i need but I still want some pro hobbyist opinions.

I've heard that the bioballs are not too great at doing what there supposed to. So I saw some pretty decent looking alternatives I was looking at taking filter bags 3 of them and filling them with seachem matrix media. While also having a protein skimmer. No I would defiantly like opinions on that or really suggestions to improve. Preferably from someone who has the same size biocube and has proven results.

Now an other thing i'm having trouble understanding is the whole lighting system. I'm assuming the stock lighting system or bulbs is no where near what would be suggested to make a stable reef and coral environment. Now I'm a noob when it comes to lighting systems for saltwater tanks and live corals etc. So the easiest way to give me suggestions would be specific product names and maybe what there used for.

I still have lots of things to learn which is why I'm not jumping into everything right away. which is why I'm buying things here and there and still taking all critism and suggestions from any informed members.

Thank You All!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 11 posts ]