It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: Rough week
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:16 am 
The Reef Hub Team
The Reef Hub Team

So Saturday night find the 120 sumps leaking, get new 40b Sunday, and in place Monday. No baffles, just live rock that was in sump and swc 160 skimmer out back in service today. Well Amanda came home tonight and went over to feed our 120, it's still at my parents house across the street.

She fed the tank and 3 of our fish did not show up to eat or even to the glass like normal. I noticed the anthias not out and swimming earlier today. The other 2 fish is a McKosker wrasse and a red fairy wrasse. Had red wrasse for 6 months, McKosker 2-3 months. Both were fat and eating and no known issues anymore...I am pretty sure i saw the red wrasse today while over there because I fed some pellets and I'm pretty sure he ate.. The McKosker is still MIA.

I have DIY screen tops on the tank and I really haven't looked in overflow boxes yet but really don't think they are in there. Amanda tested the tank tonight and got:

Dkh 9.3 salifert
Cal 460 salifert
Mag 1570 salifert
Salinity 1.025 refraction enter
Nitrate 0-5 API
Ammonia 0.25 API getting new of these last 2 tomorrow.

I dose soda ash for alk 5ml a day, calcium stays pretty stable as does mag. Did roughly a 20-30 gal water change with the sump change. Corals look good, polp extension on sps, feeders on lps at night.

Now my father is doing some work in the house down stairs. The tank is above the garage of the house. He has used some floor sealers and done some painting, with no oil based paint, not sure exactly but didn't stick up house haha so I'm not sure if that some how had an effect. I'm going to try and get my carbon reactor set back up on the tank and do another water change. Also skimmer hasn't went nuts.......yet.....

Just posting for advice and to document in case we find something along the way. Oh also no new fish for 3 months.

Thanks everyone

Alex

Sent from my iPhone by spaceships!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]