It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: Nori
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:11 pm 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Okay, so at the risk of looking like a dummy, I thought I woukd share something that apparently is talked about around all the forums as if it's general knowledge. Nori is commented everywhere in reference to feeding tangs. Any idiot knows it's a form of sea greens but not one reference at to where to get this wonderful food.

For years I assumed it was a nick name of sorts because it was, for me, an item never to be found in my LFSs. So I purchased what pricy stuff they had available.

Then one day last month I decided to make my own fish and coral foods. So I sought out recipies and what did I find in one of them... That's right - NORI! Lol. Well this guy way so kind and told me where to get it.

This is the part that makes one feel pretty stupid. And the reason I'm sharing this is because I can't possibly be the ONLY dummy on this subject. Nori is actually called "Yaki Nori (Roasted Seaweed)" & can be found in the oriental isle of your local grocery store. Also at 1/2 the price of the LFS versions. Plus the fish go crazy over it :)

125g mixed reef Peninsula

125g mixed reef Peninsula, Sal: 1.025 CA: 500 ALK: 9.0DKH NO3: 0 PO4: 0.25 MAG: 1355, AI SOL BLUES/ 24" 4X T5 Combo, 30g Sump, 1400gph Return Flow, 3700 gph PH Flow. Reef Octopus nw150, 3 phosban reactors w/ RowaPhos, Rox and Bio Pellets w/ MB7

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]