It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: New Reefer in Town
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:12 pm 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Hello everyone, I'm Mark and new here. I was told about this forum from Joe a.k.a SmokeyCFH. So here I am. First want to start off with a little bit how myself and How I began in this wonderful and extremely beautiful hobby. Well, 4 years ago I was working at a pet store here in Georgia, A co-worker Chad (R.I.P my friend) was kinda teaching a little bit about saltwater. Chad was in charge of the salt tanks and I was in charge of the freashwater tanks. Well, Chad pasted away and I stepped up to run the whole fish room, even though I didn't had a clue about saltwater. Long story short, A customer Chris showed all of us how to maintain saltwater tanks. Chris, showed me pictures of his tanks. I FELL IN LOVE!!! Well at that time I was collecting and breeding Tarantulas and Scorpions, had a large collection too. I sold most of my collection just so I can have a reef tank since I barely made $60 to $80 per week and I made it happen. I started out with a 15gal high then upgraded to a 30gal long and now have a 65gal currently running for 8 months and 2 weeks. My 65 is a simple setup. I'm using 2 outside hangon filters, protien skimmer, 3 powerheads and a 4 bulb T5s, 3 ATI Blue Plus & 1 AquaBlue. Been using this method for 4yrs now and no problems. And I'm a firm believer in weekly water changes. Well, I'll end it with that. Thanks for ya time....Mark

10gal reef/planted tank
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=756

Nuvo 16 coming soon top a thread near you
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=867

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]