It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:24 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 37 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 36 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: Biocube 29
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:44 pm 
Registered Member
Registered Member

I thought i'd post up some pics of my biocube. I set this tank up to transfer corals into from my main display after going thru hydroid treatment. I have had the white polyp type hydroids for 7 years now and have watched them kill many corals. I decided enough of that, time to kill the hydroids.

So as I remove the corals and pluck off as many of the hydroids as I can, they then sit in a bath of Hydroxs for about an hour. Then they go into a breeder net in the biocube to rest, and another dip is done in 3 days, with a final dip 3 days after that. Then they are generally hydroid free and I mount them in the biocube.

This tank has done incredibly well since day 1. I am very happy with it, the colors and growth are outstanding. Without further delay here are the pics :cool:

I decided I didn't want to go with compact flourescents, so I gutted the hood and picked up an LED kit from aquastyleonline.com. I gotta give some props to Ray at Aquastyleonline the kits are great, affordable, easy to install and he gives you everything you need plus extras. A really really great product IMO

Here is the kit

Hood

I made these standoffs to mount the heatsink too

I only had to drill the heatsink twice lol

Last edited by impur on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 37 posts ]