It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 8   [ 71 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 70 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: Markredreef's budget 65 mixed reef
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:25 pm 
Registered Member
Registered Member

This isn't a new tanks build but I am taking you all back when I first got started with my 65 about 10 months ago.
Warning, I do have typo problems lol, please bare with me.

I've been keeping reefs for 4 1/2 yrs now. Started out of a 15h, then moved to 30L and now I'm getting my 65 ready to be born.

First here is my 30gal, sorry for bad quality of pic. It's from my crappy phone.
This was taken 3wks ago

Here is my tank after I've painted the back glass black

Now I'm taking out everything in my 30 so i can get all of the sand out for my 65

now the sand is all in and all filled up with ro saltwater.

Here is part of the rockwork I've bonded and glued together this past winter. Finally get a chance to use it. I was so bored one night and this is what I've came up with. Used 7pcs of rock to make it. I an imagined this having all or mostly sps on it. What do you think

And this is what i made for my bosslady's 100gal, It's 2ft long and 22in high, taken 15 pieces of rock to make it.

Now is it what my tanks looks like 3days later with the rockwork I bonded together

This was in July 14, 2011

I've added about 25lbs of LR at that time and move over a few mushrooms from my 30 to my 65.
Here I was playing around with the rocks to see what I can come up with.

This point was on August 9, 2011
Finally have all of my corals and fish into the 65.
So far everything seems to happy, especially since I've added more flow. Only the rics seem to not liking the higher flow. Will have to move them somewhere else with little lower flow.
My fish are loving the higher flow. My Coral Beauty is out way more playing in the current. And my yellow watchman goby is really out way more than he was in the 30gal.

Here is the full front shot (note, my tank looks a bit different now, different corals and less fish)

Ok, here are a few somewhat more of a recent picture of my 65

My YWG peeking out of his favorite hiding spot. And my Chromis in the way of the view of my Blasto. I bought the Blasto at the same time when I bought my acan 4yrs ago

Here is a shot of my YWG deciding to come out and peeking around the rock. With my Chromis still blocking the view of my Blasto

Sally lightfoot Crab

I had this Candy Cane for a year and only had 5 heads on it. Now has 29 heads. Sure has grown.
I love it this pic

My Purple Dottyback hovering over the candy canes

My Ricordias , Blasto and Bubble Gum Monster(bubble Gum Monster is much bigger now than in this Picture. Will post recent pictures soon as I can)
This is the bottom center of my tank

This is the top center of my arch.
The purple acro is my very first sps coral I had bought and been fragged many of times.
Next to that acro on the left is my La Laker zoas. Actually shock the zoas turned out good in this pic.

Here are a few recent pictures of whats going on in my tank
My Lobo

Here is what my Bubble Gum Monster chalice looks like now

This is what my 65 mixed reef looks like now.

Right now All I have for fish are;
Yellow watchman Goby (my longest kept fish)
3 Blue Green Chromis
Redhead Cortez Goby
Had more fish but my Blue Atlantic Tang had ick and killed 3 others with it

Sally light
Sea Cuccumber
and various snails

My plans is to keep my 65 simple like i have been doing since I've started.
will explain later. Have to run now.

Thanks for ya time
mark-

10gal reef/planted tank
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=756

Nuvo 16 coming soon top a thread near you
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=867

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 6 of 8   [ 71 posts ]