It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:28 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: Please read if you are going to frag palys or zoos.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:23 pm 
Registered Member
Registered Member

After recently reading about someone fragging their colony of space monster palys I feel we should address the dangers of paly toxin and the need for full protection from possible poisoning. Paly toxin is concidered on of the most toxic poisons know to man and it is very important that when handling zoanthids or palythoa the you wear protection at all times. This means eyes, mouth, nose, and skin. I have read more than one article citing how someone lost temporary eye sight from getting squirted in the eye or had to be hospitalized from accidental ingestion. Heres one from Lake Erie Advanced Reefers, and this huy was just cleaning his rock under hot water!

http://reeftools.com/live/forum/showthread.php?t=1593

Another similar:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notro ... -near-you/

Just google palytoxin and you will find many articles similar to these. I personally wear a full gas mask(because I just happen to own one) when I frag zoos.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]