It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: Refractoemeter calibration fluid I think is worthless
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 am 
Registered Member
Registered Member

Ok just a little rant here..I have my refractometer and i calibrated it with my RO/DI like I have done in past with others..So I am always reading people saying ohhhh that is wrong you cant do it that way it will not work and dont go by the manufacture instructions saying use DI water to calibrate. So I just got my order in from bulk reef supply and i threw in a order of pinpoint calibration fluid just to see. I tested it yesterday and the fluid is calibrated to 35ppt or 1.026 and what do you know My refractometer read exactly that with the fluid..so it seems calibrating it with RO/DI makes it just as accurate. Thats just my little vent about so many people try to preach it doesnt work with DI water and dont follow instructions that say use DI water.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]