It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: Drip Hose Holder - Too much spare time
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm 
Registered Member
Registered Member

My engineering mind got the best of me, so I took some scrap acrylic, and made me a clamp to hold my drip hoses so they do not come loose, and are easy to manage.
Step 1 - I cut the scrap in to the proper size.
1 - 1”x3”
2- 1 ½”x3”
1 5”x3”
Did not have to use the 3/8” square piece.
Step two – Clamp the two 1 ½”x3 pieces together as shown.
Step 3 – drill holes through the acrylic along the 3” side so half of the hole is on each side of the acrylic. I used 3 holes based on dripping Calc, Alk, and Mag. The straighter you can drill the holes the better. I free handed it, but if you have a drill press it can easily been done so it is straight ½ on each side.
Step 4 – take and drill two holes in the opposite direction to provide a way to clamp the two halves together. I drilled a no. 25 drill bit so I could tap the hole for a 10x24 plastic screw. Separate the two halves, and tap one side with a 10-24 tap. Take the other half, and re-drill the 2 holes with a 3/16” drill so it will be a slip through.
ImageImage
Step 5 Set the new hose holder to the side, and take the 5”x3” piece of acrylic, and drill the same number of holes ,and the same distance apart as the holes drilled in the assembly. Use ¼” drill bit in the hop half in the 5” direction.
Step 6 – Drill two 7/32” holes at the bottom of the 5”x3” piece, and tap for a ¼-20 plastic screw.
Step 7 – use No.3 weld on, and glue the acrylic together as shown.
Step 8 – Wait 24 Hours for glue and acrylic to bond, and install as needed.

Total cost – Scrap Acrylic - $0.00
2 –No. 10-24 plastic thumb screws. - $0.72 (Home Depot)
2- No. 1/4 – 20 hex head plastic screws - .76 (Home Depot)
Total Cost = $1.48
Not having to worry about drip hoses coming loose, and wetting the floor = Happy Marriage.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]