It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 pm
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]

WARNING

This thread has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and/or logged in to view this response.

Register or Login
 Post subject: The pothos experiment.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:58 pm 
Registered Member
Registered Member

In the past I've used pothos in hang on power filters for my fresh water tanks to help clean the water with great results. Also being a plant enthusiast I know that pothos are pretty much impossible to kill. My first one that I got when I first started getting into house plants had actually sat unwatered for a few years on top of the china cabinet in the kitchen of the house I grew up in. It didnt die, in fact when I started watering it, it started growing quite rapidly. This always made me think that maybe theyre hardyness would allow them to be acclimated slowly over a few months to full 1.026 saltwater and then used for nitrate and phosphate removal. So I've taken one of my several pothos and have placed it in some tap water on top of my tank near the MH so it will grow. Once it begins to root properly I will start bringing up the salinity and see what happens and report in as i go.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati
OfflineProfile
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]